Men’s and Women’s MoPac Club Playdowns took place January 5 – 8, 2023 at the San Francisco Bay Area Curling Club in Oakland, CA
Congratulations to Team McBride, Men’s MoPac Champions 2023:
Justin McBride, Nate Clark, Camron Ross, Joel Calhoun (Hollywood Curling Club)
and to Runner up Team Tait:
Shawn Tait, Gary McKnight, Joshua Lewis, Sean Aronson (Coyotes Curling Club)
Congratulations to Team Burton, Women’s MoPac Champions 2023:
Jayne Burton, Tatiana Keeling, Amy Thompson, Kim Gaddie (Coyotes)
And to Runner up Team Camarena: Adriana Camarena, Subasthika Thangadurai, Seema Shah, Kate Garfinkel,
Gabrielle Coleman (SFBACC)
Watch the games on the MoPac YouTube Channel
USA Men’s and Women’s Club Nationals Championships will take place March 15-19, 2023 at Wausau, WI
Note: MoPac has been awarded second berths in both men’s and women’s play. Congratulations to all participating teams.
General Rules & Procedures:
- USCA Club Nationals Qualification Procedures: Please read their page first.
- 5-Rock Rule: The 5-rock rule will be enforced at WCF Events, USCA National Events and all playdowns leading to WCF and USCA National Events.
- Brushing Equipment: All players are required to use WCF and USCA compliant brush heads. Brushing and equipment guidelines which will be enforced at national championships and events leading to championships.
- MoPac Berths: The USA Curling Club National Championship is a regional-based, geographic championship aimed at determining our top men’s and women’s teams from within the USCA regions and/or states. Teams moves through the playdown process via the traditional state and regional championships. National Club Champions do not advance to world play. The United States Curling Association (USCA) has allotted the Mountain Pacific Curling Association Region (MoPac) one (1) men’s and one (1) women’s berth to the national event.
- Eligibility: U.S. residency is required (see USCA Rules book-Residency definition.). In addition to the USCA membership requirements, all team members must be dues-paying, league-playing members of the same USCA club (All players must be reported on the listed member club’s membership roster for 2020).
- Safesport: In compliance with US Center for SafeSport and USA Curling MAAPPPolicy, legal Guardian Consent forms are required for all minor athletes giving consent to a supervising adult or coach when a legal parent or guardian is not present or accompanying a minor athlete. Consent forms are to be carried by all designated coaches and supervising adults.
- Teams are responsible for all travel costs and meals.