52nd International Tankard | March 7-9, 2014
Cowichian Curling Club, Victoria Island, British Columbia
Congratulations to the following persons who have been chosen to represent MoPac by the 5-person MoPac International Tankard Committee.
- Liza Beres (Hollywood Curling Club)
- Marychello Brown (Curl San Diego)
- Richard Lazarowich (San Francisco Bay Area Curling Club)
- Kathy Placek (Evergreen Curling Club)
- [First Alternate] Sarah Walsh (San Francisco Bay Area Curling Club)
The representatives were selected from the 9 nominations submitted to the Committee by the December 18 deadline. The decision was not easy, as all nominees have demonstrated a great willingness to serve their clubs in a number of varied capacities and help further the growth of the sport in our region. The committee would like to thank the individuals who submitted nominations on behalf of their club members for bringing their work to our attention.
In addition, we’d like to recognize the other nominees and thank them for their service.
- Cecile Baril (Evergreen Curling Club)
- Richard Cruz (Hollywood Curling Club)
- Karen Fairley (Evergreen Curling Club)
- Dana Watson (Evergreen Curling Club)
The International Tankard is a friendly competition between the two regions, Washington State and British Columbia. 6 teams from each region are made up of club members whose volunteer efforts have furthered the sport of curling at a local, national or international level. MoPac would again like to thank the Washington State Curling Association for including MoPac volunteers in this event as part of their contingent.