MoPac clubs have sent Men’s and Women’s teams to the PIC since its inception in 2000. The Men’s and Women’s State Playdowns will be open to players/teams from the State USCA affiliated curling clubs.
For more information please:
California – reach out to SFBACC for PIC coordination (See below for 2018 details)
Oregon – reach out to Evergreen CC for PIC coordination
Arizona – reach out to Coyotes CC for PIC coordination
Nevada – reach out to Las Vegas CC for PIC coordination
**Note MoPac Region does not coordinate the PIC Competition.
2018 CA PIC Playdowns
January 26-28, 2018 at the Evergreen Curling Club
Main Event: April 11 – 15, 2018 at the Richmond Curling Club
- Registration is open until December 17, 2017 at 8pm. This form AND your registration payment must be submitted by the close of registration.
- Registration Form: Please fill out the Google Form. (https://goo.gl/forms/o0tR8eedzNYi0KI62)
- Registration fee: $350
- Any remaining entry fee money after the ice rental costs are paid will go toward paying the entry fees for the PIC in Richmond, BC. As in previous years if there are excess funds they will be returned to the teams.
- Registration fees can be sent to via PayPal to Sean [sean.franey] [at] [gmail.com]. In the PayPal notes please state who your other teammates are.
- Brushing Equipment: The WCF, USCA, and Curling Canada have issued new brushing and equipment guidelines which will be enforced at PIC and at playdowns. PIC Sweeping Rules
- CA Berths: The PIC committee has invited (1) women’s team and (1) men’s team to the 2018 PIC competition. CA Teams will move through a playdown process. The winners of the playdowns will be awarded the CA berths to the PIC.
- Eligibility: Entry is open to dues-paying, league playing club members from the same club in both a mens’ and womens’ event.
- Event Information: Can be found online at on the PIC website.
- Teams are responsible for all travel costs and meals.
Please pass this information along to anyone you think may be interested in putting a team together.
In the interim any inquiries can be made to Sean Franey.