MoPac Regional Playdowns for the 2023 Mixed took place:
- January 19- 22, 2023 at Coyotes Curling Club in Tempe, Arizona.
- Congratulations to Team Siggins from Coyotes Curling Club, MoPac playdown champions!
- Watch the games from Sheet C YouTube at http://youtube.com/@mopacca.
USA Mixed National Championship to take place at Denver Curling Club, April 12-16, 2023.
General Rules & Procedures:
- 5-Rock Rule: The 5-rock rule will be enforced at WCF Events, USCA National Events and all playdowns leading to WCF and USCA National Events.
- Brushing Equipment: All players are required to use WCF and USCA compliant brush heads. Brushing and equipment guidelines which will be enforced at national championships and events leading to championships.
- MoPac Berths: The USA Curling Mixed National Championship is a regional-based, geographic championship aimed at determining our top mixed teams from within the USCA regions and/or states. Teams moves through the playdown process via the traditional state and regional championships. This event leads to a world championship; the winning team of the Mixed National Championship will advance to the Mixed World Championship. The United States Curling Association (USCA) has allotted the Mountain Pacific Curling Association Region (MoPac) one (1) berth to the national event.
- Eligibility: Mixed teams must consist of 2 men and 2 women. Entry is open to teams consisting of a minimum of two dues-paying, league-playing members of MoPac clubs, with up to two USCA members allowed from outside the region. Refer to the USCA Rules of Curling &Competition for complete eligibility guidelines.
- Safesport: in compliance with US Center for SafeSport and USA Curling MAAPPPolicy, legal Guardian Consent forms are required for all minor athletes giving consent to a supervising adult or coach when a legal parent or guardian is not present or accompanying a minor athlete. Consent forms are to be carried by all designated coaches and supervising adults.
- Teams are responsible for all travel costs and meals.